Friday, January 9, 2009

First FO of 2009......

And it's something that wasn't even on the project list!

Last Sunday evening I went to our church's Taize' service, and as I was sitting in the darkened sanctuary I realized that my hands were really cold. Because of my age and stage of life (think internal hormonal heating) I rarely get cold, but my hands were uncomfortable that evening. I came home after the service and promptly cast on a pair of fingerless mitts/handwarmers/wrist warmers in a mock baby cable rib pattern that I've used before on socks and even a baby blanket.

I finished them up last night but was way too tired to take photos and post by the time I got done. So here they are:


Naturally my youngest son accused me of leaving parts missing, and asked me why I couldn't just knit faster to warm up my hands. But I was very happy with the way that they turned out, and I'll probably make up a few more pairs to add to my Etsy site.

I'm also looking at knitting a few yoga mat bags, since I've run across a couple of patterns, and I've been told that the yoga students at the local university will buy anything. I also need to replenish my stock of fruit hats for the craft fairs. So the to-do list is increasing much faster than my stock of finished objects. I guess it's time to get away from the computer and go back to knitting.

No comments: