Tuesday, March 31, 2009

First Blanket is Finished!

So I finished the first baby blanket on Friday evening and delivered it to my friend at church on Sunday.
She was very happy with it and presented me with a check right away (although I think she must be a bit mathematically challenged as the check was written for more than the price I told her I was charging for the blanket.

The organist asked about my progress on the blanket that he had ordered, and since I had the work-in-progress with me (like all good knitters, I never go anywhere without something to work on) I pulled it out of my bag and showed him how it was coming along. He loved the shade of yellow that I had found and seemed anxious to get the finished blanket, and then he surprised me by announcing that he really needed me to knit a white one just like it for him as well. So I guess I'll be using up the extra white yarn I had from the last white blanket I made earlier this month. Just as well, since I'm trying to work from my yarn stash as much as possible instead of buying new yarn.

No comments: