Sunday, March 1, 2009

Yarn Shopping by Remote Control

And so a new month has arrived, bringing with it yet another new and interesting knitting challenge. I've been conversing on Etsy for a couple of days with a potential customer who was interested in a blanket I already had listed for sale, only she wanted it in a different color. When she confirmed this afternoon that she did indeed want me to make the blanket, I was here at home with my peacefully sleeping grandson and a seven-day deadline to finish the blanket (which of course I hadn't started yet, not having known about the order ahead of time). Naturally I didn't have any appropriate white yarn available here at home (so much for my resolution to diminish my stash as much as possible), and there is no longer anywhere local to purchase yarn. However, Mike and Jeremy were in Litchfield doing some sort of ham radio project, so I called Jeremy's cell phone and asked if they would be willing to stop by the-store-which-shall-not-be-named on the way home to pick up some yarn. When they arrived in the yarn department they called me, and I was able to explain exactly what kind of yarn I wanted, and naturally the yarn I needed wasn't there (that's the ***-**** way!) although there was an empty bin with the appropriate label attached. I was then able to talk them through finding an alternative and eventually they came up with something that I could use in place of the yarn I had originally wanted. Then they hung up and headed off to check out.

Some time later, they arrived home and handed me my bag of yarn and a bonus!

Yes, my son totally understands my chocolate addiction.

Needless to say, I got busy working on both items. So far I've knitted about three inches of the baby blanket and it's gone rather quickly. And yes, there still are some peanut butter cups left in the bag. I figured I'd need at least a few to get through yet another Monday.

No comments: