Sunday, September 27, 2009

Another Prayer Shawl presentation

Today I had the privilege of presenting a prayer shawl to a newly baptized member of our church congregation. It has become a tradition in our church that a prayer shawl is made and presented to anyone who chooses to be baptized as a member of our church, and I've been delighted to make the prayer shawls as needed.

In June, shortly after I learned that Maggie had asked to be baptized, I was in Michael's looking for yarn for another project when I spotted a yarn I hadn't seen before: Red Heart Collage. The Blue Wave color virtually leapt off the shelf into my arms, loudly proclaiming "I want to be Maggie's prayer shawl!" Naturally I couldn't argue with a proclamation like that (not to mention the excuse to buy yarn!), so three balls of the yarn went home with me that day to become a prayer shawl.I really love the way it turned out. The color is totally reminiscent of baptismal waters (the light blue is a little bluer than it appears in the photo) and three balls were just enough to make an awesome shawl. I don't know (right now) of anyone else needing a prayer shawl but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to use this yarn again.

No comments: