Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Namaste

About a year and a half ago, my friend Sue invited me to attend a yoga class with her. This class has been going on for a couple years and is free to anyone who wishes to attend. I'm grateful to her for the invitation, because I would never have had the gumption to show up on my own, and going to yoga is absolutely the best thing I've ever done for myself. The class is available five mornings a week (and two evenings) and I attend every morning I possibly can get there.

In January, Sue began a training course to be co
me a certified Pranakriya yoga teacher. The course ended with her graduation on Sunday, September 13. Yesterday our yoga group celebrated her graduation with a wonderful dinner in the (awesome) home of one of the class members.

I've been working on a prayer shawl which I presented to Sue at the celebration dinner. In order to make it more of a group gift rather than just from me, I precut strands of yarn for fringe and everyone at the dinner was able to help tie on the fringe.
Although it doesn't show up very well in the photo, the shawl has the word "namaste" knitted into it. "Namaste" is a Sanskrit greeting meaning essentially "The light within me honors the light within you", typically offered at the end of a yoga practice.

Congratulations, Sue! Thank you for being a wonderful friend. Namaste!

No comments: