Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Exciting News!

I got some really exciting news today! I was notified that I am one of 14 family child care providers selected to receive a full scholarship (registration, meals, travel and accommodations) to attend the National Association for Family Child Care's annual conference in Chicago in July. I'm really excited to be attending this conference! I had really wanted to go since it is so close this year (the last few years it has been in Florida, California, and Kansas) but I knew I couldn't afford it on my own.

We'll be leaving from Springfield on Thursday evening, July 17, and returning on Saturday evening, July 19. Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul, and Mary is the keynote speaker on Friday. There will be many sessions covering all aspects of family child care, from the basics all the way to national credentials and accreditation. I can't wait to get there!

No comments: