Friday, April 25, 2008

Hooray! They Have Set a Date!

After several years of discussion and regrouping, I'm delighted to report that Katie and Doug have finally set a wedding date. They will be married on Saturday, November 29 in Carlinville. All of the details have yet to be worked out but the reception is booked (and the down payment made) so the date is definite.

Now the fun begins! Katie already has her wedding dress picked out, but still needs to order it. She has looked at bridesmaid's dresses several times but hasn't found just the right thing yet. And of course there will be a myriad of other plans, choices, and decisions to be made. And this will be my one and only chance to be "mother of the bride" so I guess I need to be figuring out what I need to do as well.

Right now November seems so far away, but I'm sure that it will be here before we know it. On the one hand I can't believe that my little girl is already planning a wedding, and on the other hand, I can't believe that it's taken them so long to set a date. Ah, the perils of motherhood!

No comments: