Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Latest Knitting Project: an original baby blanket

I just finished up a baby blanket that I have been working on for a few weeks from an original pattern which I designed. I was sitting in church one morning when the inspiration for this pattern came to me (sorry, Pastor Jeff!!). It is unique in that it is knitted from the center outward; the center portion is knitted in garter stitch with a double strand of yarn, and the border is knitted in two-color double-knitting. I enjoyed making it so much that I have decided to make another one, using a different color and a different pattern for the two-color border. My plan is to add photos of both when I get the second one finished, and then I'll be looking for pattern testers as I am actually hoping at some point to have the pattern published.

No comments: