Saturday, April 27, 2013

Finishing Touches

Although it has been a while since I have posted, the knitting continues (almost) nonstop. Typically if I'm heading out to a meeting, a class, or an all-day conference I'll choose a project accordingly, which means that sometimes I'll end up with a handful of almost-finished projects that either don't have enough knitting left in them to accommodate the time frame I'm dealing with or have grown too cumbersome to carry around. 

Today I was able to stay home with no scheduled meetings or projects, and so I worked on completing the mostly-finished projects that were multiplying alarmingly quickly around the house.

I finished up a prayer shawl that has to be presented at church tomorrow morning, as well as a handful of projects for my upcoming craft fairs: a couple of mobius shawls, a pair of dishcloths, and a tuck scarf. In the midst of all this finishing, I was fortunate to have the opportunity to assist a dear friend with her current knitting project. It was definitely more fun to do all this finishing up accompanied by good conversation and companionship.

Of course now that I have those things finished I'll have to get something else started so I'll have "knitting to go" for tomorrow morning. I don't actually knit during worship, but it's pretty helpful for me to have a project in my hands during Sunday School class. And fortunately (or unfortunately) there is no shortage of knitting projects remaining on my to-do list.

2 comments:

Janelll Ramey said...

Peggy, you need to fill in your Friday afternoons at Knotty Knitters on your calendar!!!

Peggy Graham said...

Hmm, good point! I hadn't thought of that - thanks for the suggestion!