Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sigh.......

I simply cannot believe that it's already 2013! Honestly, didn't we just have Easter a few weeks ago?? I guess that's yet another indication that I'm just not keeping up with everything. This will by necessity be a short post, as I've been away long enough that I'm also having to relearn the Blogger interface which has changed quite a bit since I last posted.

Of course I'm still knitting - but for some reason I haven't been nearly as efficient at taking and posting photos lately. I did three custom order stockings before Christmas and didn't manage to get a single photo of any of them! I'm not horribly disappointed, though, because they were for repeat customers and I do have photos of the previous stockings in my files. I was so happy to be finished with stockings early this year - and then, less than two hours after the last ones had been picked up (on December 20), someone came knocking on the door asking whether I was the lady who made Christmas stockings. I had made one for her grandson nine years ago and she wanted one for her new granddaughter. I told her that I was happy to make another one but there was no way I would have time to finish it for THIS Christmas.

In other news, my dear darling husband finished the custom-built cabinet for my sock-knitting machine the week after Thanksgiving, just in time to move the machine to make way for the Christmas tree. I haven't managed to crank any socks yet but I have definitely been stocking up on sock yarn. My goal is to have at least a few pairs ready to go for the first craft fair of 2013, the TRIAD Spring Craft Fair on Saturday and Sunday, March 2 & 3. 

If you're on Facebook, don't forget to check out my Facebook page. I'm able to keep it updated more frequently because I'm on Facebook pretty much every day. That's also a good way to contact me if you want to place a custom order, make a purchase, or just find out what I might happen to have in stock at a particular time.

And now I'm back to the knitting needles. I have a couple of projects that I hope to be able to post soon, if I can have a sunnier day to get some decent photos. Happy New Year, everyone!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Hi - looking to get your opinion on the benefits/drawbacks of the Triad Fair. Muddy Puppy Ceramics and White Buffalo Leathercraft are trying to figure out a schedule that makes the best use of our $$ and time, and will potentially give a reasonable return on both! (Though, of course, I know predicting that is far from an exact science!) Happy New Year!

Peggy Graham said...

Hi Lynne! Happy New Year to you, too!
You are absolutely correct that predicting the success of any given craft fair is far from an exact science. I can tell you the conventional wisdom is that people tend to look in the spring, but buy in the fall. So any spring show is likely going to be somewhat less lucrative overall; however, anywhere that you can expand your exposure should be beneficial. My first time at Triad was last year in the spring, and while the sales that weekend didn’t knock my socks off, I handed out a lot of business cards and got at least one order as a result of being there. I also did really well at their fall show, and plan to keep both on my schedule for the foreseeable future.