Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Without Further Ado......

This will by necessity be a short post, but I didn't want to wait any longer before posting it. So, without further ado, here are the custom ordered Christmas stockings that I finished for this year.

The first one I completed was the mate to the stocking in this post from last year:

Then I worked on a pair of stockings for two children, which were patterned after the stockings that were done for the parents by the mom's aunt many years ago:

In retrospect I wish I'd taken a photo of the two new stockings alongside the original ones that they were patterned after.

And I'm not done. I had someone ask me on Thanksgiving weekend (!) if I'd knit two more stockings like the ones I'd made for her a couple of years ago. I told her that I'd be more than happy to do the stockings but there was no possible way that I'd have them finished in time for Christmas. So, more than likely they'll be popping up on these pages sometime around Valentine's Day.

No comments: