Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Couple of Baby Blankets

In October I mentioned a baby blanket that I was working on but never got a photo posted of the completed blanket. I thought it turned out really well and enjoyed working on it. I ended up driving all over Metro-East trying to find the perfect shade of green for the border, and ended up settling for what I could find. It doesn't match exactly, but I thought it looked better than the yellow border would have.

Then shortly after that blanket was finished, my son's girlfriend came by and asked if I could make her a "John Deere" baby blanket for her friend who is a farmer and just had a baby. After finding some appropriate green and yellow yarn in my stash and contemplating all the possibilities, I ended up with this:

I was basically happy with how well both blankets turned out, and I'm really wanting to do a couple more baby blankets, but alas, duty calls and instead I have to knit two customized Christmas stockings, three hats, an impossible afghan, and probably two or three other things that will crop up between now and Christmas.

No comments: