Monday, November 9, 2009

Five Generations Times Two

Recently my mom has started sorting through a bunch of family photos, and last weekend she brought a bunch in for me to look at. Among the photos she brought in were two that I found of particular interest. The first one was taken in the summer of 1958. The baby in this photo is me. The adults are my dad, my grandma, my great-grandpa, and my great-great-grandmother.

The second photo was taken in 1977. The baby in this photo is my oldest son Ben. The adults are myself, my dad, my grandma, and my great-grandma.

I have not known anyone else in real life who has five-generation photos in two consecutive generations, and I just thought it was pretty cool. I'll probably enlarge both of them, frame them, and hang them somewhere in the house soon.

No comments: