Monday, June 8, 2009

Dye-ing to Tell You

So today I had to make a trip to Springfield to pick up some yarn for my contest entries, and my first stop was at Hobby Lobby. I realized halfway through knitting the center section of the baby blanket that I was going to run out of the variegated yarn and needed another skein – and of course I needed to match the dye lot of the skein I bought in March. I had slipped one of the skein bands into my wallet so I'd be able to check since I didn't really want to buy THREE skeins of the variegated yarn and start over, but after nearly three months I wasn't really optimistic that I'd be able to match the dye lot. You can imagine my surprise when the very first skein of the variegated yarn that I laid my hands on was that exact dye lot!

I also decided that I needed to pick up another skein of the yellow just in case I ran short, but I just had to grab that one and go since I hadn't thought ahead to bring the skein band of that color. Needless to say, when I arrived home I was doubly amazed to find that the dye lot of the yellow yarn matched as well!

Now to get busy and finish knitting up these two projects.....

No comments: