Sunday, February 22, 2009

Some Random Knitterly Thoughts

It's been a busy knitting month around here. I've completed (and listed on Etsy) three winky-wonky scarves:


I've also done a few dishcloths. One of my friends attended a weekend women's retreat, and received a goodie bag which contained, among other things, a ball of yarn and a pair of knitting needles.


She decided that she wasn't really that interested in learning to knit, so she gave me the yarn and needles. I made a basic diagonal dishcloth


and had some yarn left over, but not enough to make a second dishcloth. So I combined the leftover yarn with some solid color yarn I had on hand, and made a two-toned round dishcloth. Both of these went back to the friend who gave me the yarn.


I also knitted three pairs of slippers as a special request for another friend (who is also our church organist)


and a special baby hat for yet another church friend.


This pattern is very special because it's the one her mother-in-law used to make to give as baby gifts for all of the new babies in the family. Since she is no longer with us, I was asked if I could duplicate the hat pattern and now I'm the official supplier of Joie baby hats for the family.

Of course the month is far from over. I still have to make two pairs of socks for two of my yoga sisters (one pair is started, still looking for the right yarn to do the other), and several other projects that have been on the back burner for a while.

No comments: